She chose our backyard, but is not thrilled with her choice, we are the 'settle for' option. This does NOT sit well with me, I want her to WANT to get married in our yard! I've told her not to use our yard if she doesn't really want it, but she doesn't seem to want to look anywhere else. So, I'm faced with spending a lot of money fixing up my yard for me, yes, but also for someone who really is just settling, how do I justify the expense? I want my backyard to be beautiful, but wouldn't go through the added expense of finding more mature plants to make it a showplace by August. This is making me a little crazy, I want her to want to use our yard, I'm willing to spend money to make it beautiful, but don't want to go through the hassle to be the runner up who gets the crown because the winner dropped out.
We talked today about what to do in the yard, she was less than enthused, I think it's because she is sure it won't look nice enough for her wedding. I just wonder what she is expecting exactly? I think that she wants a park-like setting, and I am ready and willing to do whatever I can to make it as close to what her dream is. I just don't think she even knows for sure what she wants, which means no matter what I do, it won't be good enough. Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment