Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First one

So, this is my first attempt at blogging, please bear with me. My niece told me that I should start a blog after I bent her ear with all my whining! Should I have taken that as a hint to shut up, or really start a blog?  As you can see, I am not good at taking hints to shut up!
My oldest daughter is getting married this summer, so we have started the wedding planning ride.  I had pictured it to be a stress-free, fun-filled, laughing-all-the-time process. Wrong! There are so many decisions that have to be made, but my daughter is not a decision-making type, so it has been tough.
My own wedding was a whirlwind, so worrying about making the wrong decision never came into play. My husband and I were planning to visit his parents on the east coast, when, during one of the weekly phone calls his mother casually mentioned that she had just been elected Justice of the Peace.  It was like a tandem light bulb clicked on over both our heads.  We looked at one another, and asked if she would marry us while we were there.  I never had to make the decisions that most brides-to-be have to make, so this is a new experience for me as well.
We'll see how it goes, the wedding planning, and the blog. Knowing myself, the wedding will be easier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment