Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Anxiety attack

Been having anxiety attacks ever since my daughter started changing her mind about almost everything. My younger daughter and I spent about 3 hours going over what needed to be done, in what order, and listing what had been decided. We told her then not to revisit the already decided on stuff, but she did, and everything but the dress and shoes was up in the air!
Date, time, shoes and dress remain. As does the groom. Oh and the photographer.
Colors, venue, invitations, guest list, music, decor all still up in the air, and I feel like I am tap dancing on flaming coals every time I talk to her. Mustn't 'tell' her what to do, must encourage decisions, stay neutral. For those of you who know me, staying neutral and keeping my mouth shut is not my strong suit! I have spoken for this girl since she was small, she would panic if someone asked her a question and would look at me with her huge eyes until I answered for her.  Now I have to stop and let her speak for herself, no matter how much I want to spare her the stress. So, I guess anxiety will be my friend for the next little while....I now see the Rolling Stone's song 'Mother's Little Helper', in a whole new light!!

No comments:

Post a Comment