So, we didn't pick up the dress, the alteration person had a family emergency and was out of town. Since J had changed phones and phone number, the wedding shop couldn't get hold of her, so she and K made the trek to Mom's before finding out there would be no dress today.
However, all was not lost. J is gaining footing on what she wants/doesn't want for her wedding, and we scoured thrift stores for old bottles and mason jars. We had pretty good success at the four we visited, but more need to be searched. Now that I know what she wants, it will be a little easier for me to 'get stuff'. We went back to K's house and opened a bottle of port. I had never had port, and J said she had never had one she liked. The port we had tasted a lot like raisin juice, it was different, not something I'd go out of my way to drink, but if it was offered, I would be polite and take some. Getting to spend time with my daughters and make progress on the wedding is all good.
The landscape guy is coming next Tuesday, and that is also dress pick up day, J will be hanging around to meet with the landscape designer. This will be interesting.
As to the anxiety attacks, they have dissipated, which is good, but I am aware they are lurking in the shadows, ready to strike.
No comments:
Post a Comment